Friday, April 2, 2010

Mountais

Are so big. It's unbelievable. I have spent the last three days learning to snowboard. This morning I was sitting down "strapping up", I looked up from where I sat and saw this incredible view overlooking several mountain peaks. Just incredible. I like going to the mountains because it reminds me how small I am, how big God is, and how unique it is that He chooses to interact with us.

I like being reminded that I am small and that the story I am playing out is small too (though my own story at the moment keeps getting larger and more unbelievable by the day, in my mind at least.) It's easy for me to get so caught in my world that I am convinced of its importance, and God's obligation to make sure it goes well.

But I find comfort in the fact the mountains are so big, and that God must be bigger. And the things that I spend time thinking about, working on and trying to build are only a tiny sub plot in the giant story that God is directing.

Also, being in the mountains is just cool, and so is snowboarding.

On that note, that mountain really kicked my butt on this trip. I fell early and often. I got better as the trip went, but it seemed the more confident I got the harder the mountain would kick me when I fell. I know the mountain was kicking me because of my last run of the trip. Micah and I had made our way pretty far from the bottom, so we were cruising our way back. I got literally 10 yards from being done and 'whoop' fell right on my butt. It was like the mountain gave me one last kick in the ass to remember it by. Well it worked, i will not forget.

1 comment: